Playing the Guitar: Three Months Recap (XIII)



Q: So... I've been playing the guitar for three months.
A: Good for you.

Q: Thanks. What do I do next?
A: Honestly? I have no idea.

Q: How come? What did you do in your fourth month?
A: Me? I tried my hand at barre chords.

Q: And?
A: And it didn't work very well.

Q: How so?
A: Well, my fingers hurt like crazy.

Q: That bad, huh?
A: Yeah.

Q: So... Next I should do...
A: ...something. Right!

Q: OK. But what exactly did you do, that made your fingers hurt like that?
A: Well... I made barres.

Q: You mean... barre chords.
A: No, just the barre. Place finger across all strings, use the Vulcan Grip of Death, strum each string, then release. Repeat for frets 1, 3, 5, 7, 8.

Q: And that was bad.
A: It was for me, yes.

Q: So I should wait for a while longer.
A: If you ask me, yes.



To be continued

No comments: